Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Definitions of success

Mary Kay Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics:

First of all, find something to do that you just love-something you do well, or something that you would like to do. Then find someone to love, and third, find something to look forward to. And when you get all those things put together, you will be a success, no question.


Joe Girard, "World's Greatest Salesman"

What success means to me is being the best in the world. When I first got a job sellling cars, I used to watch the number-one guy there like a hawk, the way he walked, the way he moved, the way he dressed, the way he greeted people. And I'd stand near his office and listen to the way he talked to people on the phone..... I put his picture on my desk. He was my motivator. I finally beat this guy because I wanted to......
The whole secret of life is to know what you want, to write it down, and then commit yourself to accomplish it.
Make your dreams come true.


Danielle Kennedy, national speaker and trainer:

Success is a constant process, a journey. It's a balance among six areas: spiritual, mental, physical, financial, family and social. Sometimes it's like walking a tightrope, and it definitely has to be enveloped in internal peace. If you've got peace inside and you've got the outside elements coming together, that's about as close as you're going to get to a Garden of Eden in this world.


Arthur Fry, scientist, inventor:

I know some people who are very highly paid who aren't happy with their lives and don't have a lot of satisfaction with their work. I can't say that is a complete success. There are a lot of elements that go into success; having a balance between your personal life and your business life is important.


Dr Frank Field, CBS-TV meteorologist and health and sciences expert:

You're successful when you go to bed happy with what you've done during the day, and wake up the next morning anxious to get back to what you know is going to be another exciting day. And after thirty-five years, my job is just as invigorating today as it was then, it's fascinating to me to walk in and get into a hot argument with the news director, who is one-third my age. And we really get into it. When I go out and sit with my peers, who are retired, i cant stand it. They're living in a totally different environment. I still work and competet in a world of teenagers and young people. I'm out there doing this everyday and it's exhilarating.


Success is different to everyone. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment